February 4, 2009

No pictures, just paragraphs.

I was looking over the blog today, and noticed my all my recent posts are lacking in words. So, I thought those who love to check this blog (hi mom) might like to get an update.

Brian - Is working hard at work trying to get more work. Bidding jobs isn't his usual job, but when that's the only job to do, it becomes everyone's job. We're optimistic that Eby will get more construction jobs. Outside of work, Brian has been faithfully running for the last year, and gets up at 530am to do it! He still has a BIG job at home, taking care of the kids while I work a few evenings a week. He has also committed 2 nights a month this year to serve at our church, Hope Community Church. I'm very excited for him in this new role.

Gracen - She is so much fun to be around. This weekend, I took her to the mall to shop with a friend. She was so great, pulling stuff off the racks for us to try on, telling us how cute we look, etc! It was a wonderful mother/daughter experience, the first of many shopping-bonding trips to come. She loves it when I put rollers in her hair or straighten her hair, and she's developed an appreciation for the amount of time it takes to become beautiful. She also loves to wrap up her stuff to give her friends as gifts and she writes notes everyday to different friends and family. She has used SO many of my envelopes and stamps. I also loves how she draws and writes so well...she'll color houses and people that actually look like houses and people, and can print most all the alphabet in capital letters. She knows how to write her name, Mollys name, Brian's name, but not quite my name :)She is learning how to tell jokes, and has lots of questions about God, and who He is. Most center around how big or how old God is. For a while, I was pushing her toward salvation, but she just wasn't ready, so I've backed off. We're planning to have her in preschool 5 mornings a week this fall.

Molly - Good golly. She's a climber, a screamer, a singer, a lover, and most of all...a toddler. Her famous "Dillons tantrum" in January officially kicked off the terrible-two phase. She has very strong opinions about wearing a bib (that's a no go) wearing clothes (another no go) and what she'll eat (if its our idea to eat it, its a no go). She can throw food amazingly far. The chairs in the dining room are turned on their sides from 7am to 7pm in between meals, or else she would spend the day on the countertops or table. She will sit in time out quietly for about 10 seconds, spend the rest of the two minutes yelling "sowwwy!" Her biggest phrase is "where'd-gee-go?" followed by "i-oh-know?" She does spend a big part of the day looking for Gracen. She loves to brush her teeth, but only if she holds the toothbrush and gets to eat all the toothpaste off the top. But mommy says that's a no go. She LOVES to sit in my lap and read books. I adore her hugs, kisses and cuddles. She recently started saying "I love you" to Brian and I without prompting, so of course, we melt. She loves to sleep with her "buggie" and "baby," a stuffed ladybug pillow and little silky blankie with a teddy bear head. (need a picture?)

me - I dropped my spring schedule of hard classes in favor of my sanity. I do have one online course, medical terminology. I really should start working that stuff. I've loved spending time with friends again, organizing our home, sleeping, and truly enjoying being a mother. I also work about 16 hours a week at the Rehab hospital. Its okay. I'm volunteering with an amazing ministry called YoungLives. Its a division of Young Life for pregnant and parenting teens. I've loved getting involved in the community in this way. In about 2 weeks, the girls and I go to California to spend 8 days with my Mom and Dad. My sweet Grandmother is going with us. I'm really looking forward to relaxing in the warm weather. Brian and I are spending Valentine's at the Heart Ball, and I can't wait! We are also planning a trip to Florida with 8 other couples (and NO kids) for a week in May. It happens that we'll be gone over my 30th birthday, FUN! I'm not sure when I'll apply to PA school. I could be qualified and ready as early as this fall...if accepted, I'd start in May 2010. But I'll most likely wait until fall 10 to apply.

2 comments:

Patty's said...

Loved the full update. I feel your pain with each child phase. Collin started climbing at 9 months and my life of stepping away for a minute came to an end. Good luck with school.
Beth Patterson

Adrienne said...

I'm still here! I think you are smart to not start PA school until you are ready. I'll finish school in the fall and a lot of days I think I'm ready to go back to work after that, but then I don't know if I'll be ready.