July 24, 2005

a 5 star weekend

I rate the weekend in five categories: entertainment, quality family and friend time, meeting God, relaxation, and productivity.

Friday, John and Erika watched Gracen, and Brian took me to Red Rock Canyon Grill. We ordered liberally off the menu, and it was worth it.

Saturday, I worked, then came home and took a family nap. We went to the mall in the afternoon and got some cute clothes for Gracen off the sale rack at The Children's Place. That evening, we went to church to hear our friend Matt Theissen lead worship, followed by an interactive discussion with Pastor Steve about Jesus. Came home and ate dinner, and gave Gracen a good nap, then woke her up to PARTY. We met up with the Ensz's and my mom and dad, and walked up Douglas in downtown Wichita, looking at all the fountains and statues. This was just to kill time before we went to the airport to meet my brother Joe. He didn't get in until about midnight, but it was so good to see him!

Today, we slept in. I worked in the afternoon while Brian took Gracen to his company picnic. He got his 5 year award! This evening, we went back to the Ensz's for a party to send off Jonathon Classen to medical school, and welcome Kirsten back to Wichita. Gracen is now in bed, and I'm relaxing with a glass of red wine...

No comments: