February 28, 2006

Back to life as usual

I'm hoping things will be normal today--Gracen has been really sick lately with a flu type thing. its round THREE for our family this year!!! unbelieveable. The first time, we all had it, but not too bad. The second time, Brian and I had it real bad, but Gracen never got it. Now, she's been throwing up and having diaherrea for two days. I have to say, puke is the one thing I just almost can't handle as a mom. I've called Jackie next door to advise on clean up procedures since her four have been sick more than once this year also. She had good advice, but I still couldn't follow through. Clothes and towels really can be disposable in my book. Is that bad??? Hey, I know what I spent on them, and cleaning them up isn't worth it. Anyway...marching forward. Here's the latest in our lives--did you all know Brian and I are taking a class to be certified to be foster parents? I can never remember who we've talked to. It really is in our hearts to have this as a ministry, and we're becoming very aware of the challenges and dangers. We think we may have our home certified and our profile complete in time to foster a child this fall. Progress on the kitchen continues. I keep meaning to take some pictures, but by the time I'm distraction free, its too dark to get a good shot. We are both burned out and grumpy about the project at this point, and we're trying to get it done by the end of March. Gracen is a great little walker now! I know some of you were wondering, huh. But we're there. She now HATES to be strapped in a shopping cart or stroller, but the funny thing is, she still insists on being held all the time at home. *sigh* If you wondering about pictures, go to flickr.

No comments: